Inverness CT 1-1 Hamilton- Match Report

Larnell Cole rescues point for Inverness as hosts dominate against Hamilton

Larnell Cole salvaged a point for Inverness against Hamilton but the home side's domination should have led to three points.

Ali Crawford gave Hamilton the lead in the 16th minute direct from a free-kick, but Cole pulled Caley Thistle level in the second half with a fierce strike.

Inverness dominated the second half and had several chances to take all three points but they were vulnerable on the break and it finished 1-1.

A seemingly clear-cut penalty decision also went against them, adding to a mounting sense of frustration for the home side.

Owain Fon Williams played through the pain to ease the hosts' goalkeeping crisis, with a half-fit Ryan Esson on the bench

Inverness also had Brad Mckay playing despite an injury in defence.

The visitors Hamilton made four changes - Mikey Devlin, Lennard Sowah, Rakish Bingham and Massimo Donati dropping out of the starting XI, with Greg Docherty, Louis Longridge, Scott McMann and Georgios Sarris their replacements.

Questions were raised about the goalkeeper's positioning for Hamilton's opening goal, with Crawford fizzing in a free-kick from deep on the left flank that went in at Fon Williams' near post.

A couple of half-chances came the way of Inverness, with Cole also denied by the offside flag

Lonsana Doumbouya glanced a header from Iain Vigurs' cross wide, while at the other end Alex D'Acol blasted one over.

Inverness were soon finding themselves on top, however, and should have had a penalty when Dan Seaborne blocked Doumbouya's header on the line with his arm

Referee Greg Aitken was unmoved, much to home manager Richie Foran's disgust.

Jake Mulraney managed to scoop a shot under Hamilton goalkeeper Gary Woods but it drifted wide, and there was further frustration when Greg Tansey superbly meandered his way through the Accies defence, only for Woods to deny him with his face.

A further chance for Carl Tremarco, skewed straight at Woods, went begging before the break as the barren run of luck continued.

Cole, Caley Thistle's best player in the first half, levelled in the 51st minute, being teed up by Mulraney before smashing in via the underside of the crossbar.

The hosts had Fon Williams to thank for denying Darian MacKinnon shortly after the goal and Crawford had a pair of shots off target.

Tansey and Cole were starting to boss proceedings and the latter had a spectacular effort volleyed over

With greater license to get forward, Tansey saw another shot blocked by sprawling Accies defender Sarris.

Foran's side saw a lot of the ball in the closing stages but were unable to force home a second goal, extending their winless run to six games.

Source : PA

Source: PA