Inverness CT 1-1 Kilmarnock- Match Report

Inverness salvage draw with late Lonsana Doumbouya strike

Lonsana Doumbouya rescued a late point for Inverness as he scrambled in an equaliser with four minutes left against Kilmarnock.

Souleymane Coulibaly's early penalty looked to have settled a dour game in Killie's favour, only for Doumbouya to bundle the ball home in the closing stages to earn the hosts a 1-1 draw.

It was largely a forgettable game of football, with both teams struggling to create clear-cut chances and ultimately a point apiece was probably a fair reflection of the quality on show.

Caley Thistle made two changes from the 1-0 defeat to Rangers, Josh Meekings returning after a hamstring injury to replace David Raven while Jake Mulraney came in for Billy King.

For Kilmarnock, Scott Boyd, who came off the bench to net the winner against St Johnstone, was named in place of the injured Jonathan Burn.

The visitors flew out of the traps and Coulibaly caused Inverness a host of problems in the early stages

He won a penalty eight minutes in when Brad McKay bundled him over from Rory McKenzie's cross, and then dusted himself off to open the scoring from the spot.

Coulibaly then crept in at the back post just a minute later to get on the end of Nathan Tyson's centre, but he could only steer his effort straight at Owain Fon Williams in the Inverness goal.

That let-off looked to spark the slow-starting hosts into action and Liam Polworth found space on a couple of occasions, only to opt to square the ball rather than have a shot on goal.

Greg Tansey also stung the palms of Jamie MacDonald with a low effort as Inverness sought a way back into the game.

The first half passed without further incident but the home side were lucky not to be two goals behind six minutes into the second half.

Mulraney inexplicably gave possession to Tyson just outside his own area and the former Nottingham Forest man stood the ball up to the back post, only for Coulibaly to head over.

Inverness boss Richie Foran introduced Aaron Doran for Ross Draper before the hour in a bid to find a way back into the game, with his side struggling to create much to worry MacDonald.

Doran sent a rasping effort straight at the ex-Hearts and Falkirk stopper and Doumbouya failed to connect properly with a Polworth cross, when ideally placed.

Lee Clark's side were unfortunate not to add to their lead with nine minutes to go as Tansey deflected Kris Boyd's effort on to the upright, and that proved key as soon after Doumbouya scrambled the ball in from Doran's header to salvage a point for Inverness.

Source : PA

Source: PA