Inverness CT 3-1 Dundee- Match Report

Inverness claim comfortable home win against Dundee

An emphatic display by Inverness saw them claim a comfortable 3-1 win over Dundee at Caledonian Stadium on Saturday.

Goals from Lonsana Doumbouya, Greg Tansey and Liam Polworth put them in complete control, before Nicky Low's late consolation free-kick.

It was a dominant performance from the hosts against a very poor Dundee side, who have still not won since the opening day of the season.

The victory puts Caley Thistle within touching distance of the top half, a point behind Ross County and Rangers.

Inverness made one change from the 2-2 draw with Celtic a week ago

Iain Vigurs was dropped to the bench, in favour of wide man Jake Mulraney

Dundee made two switches after their 3-1 loss to Aberdeen, with Low and Michael Duffy replacing the suspended Mark O'Hara and Danny Williams.

Mulraney was key to the first chance of the game as he knocked the ball past Kevin Holt and tore on to it

The winger was denied by Holt's challenge but the ball broke to Ross Draper, whose effort was well tipped over by Scott Bain.

However they only had to wait another minute to open the deadlock

Doumbouya, handed his second start for the club, glanced Brad McKay's cross beyond Bain into the far corner.

The second came in bizarre circumstances as referee Kevin Clancy awarded Inverness a penalty, despite no appeals from home players or fans

Billy King was barged over by Julen Etxabeguren but it looked to have taken place outside the area but much to the bemusement of the Spanish defender, Clancy pointed to the spot

Caley Thistle did not spurn the chance to extend their lead as Tansey slammed home the spot kick.

Dundee needed a response out of somewhere and when Mulraney was robbed on the edge of his own area, Faissal El Bakhtaoui forced a smart stop from Owain Fon Williams.

Inverness were dominating possession and looked comfortable, however they had to remain diligent at the back as Fon Williams brilliantly denied Cammy Kerr on 38 minutes.

Despite Dundee coming into the game in the periods just before and after half-time, they failed to test the goalkeeper further further and Inverness added to their lead in superb style.

McKay and Mulraney exchanged passes down the right flank, before Draper released McKay charging through the middle

He slipped the ball through to Polworth, who clipped the ball round Bain.

Polworth nearly got himself another when he latched on to Kevin Holt's poor back-pass, however he unselfishly squared to Mulraney who shot straight at Bain.

Scotland squad member Bain was the only man between this being a rout, denying Draper and McKay after Gary Warren's late header was cleared off the line.

Low spectacularly got Dundee on the board with six minutes to go, finding the top corner from 25 yards, but in truth it was probably more than Dundee deserved.

Source : PA

Source: PA